You’ve probably, already heard about the importance of turmeric to our health and about its powerful properties. You just probably never heard that turmeric boosts the weight loss process by increasing and improving the function of your liver, the absorption of other antioxidants and the thermogenesis rates. Turmeric also reduces cholesterol, the angiogenesis of fat tissue and blood sugar levels.
The best way to use turmeric and get the most health benefits from it, is to make juice from raw turmeric or to add more turmeric powder in your meal.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Curcumin is the active ingredient of turmeric, with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects
- Curcumin can be beneficial in preventing cancer
- Increases the memory and the growth of new neurons in the brain
- It reduces the risk of heart disease
- It possesses anti-aging properties
- It’s great against depression
- Promotes healthy skin
- Increases and improves the function of the liver
- Reduces the weight gain
- Helps in maintaining healthy levels of blood sugar
- Eases joint pain and rheumatoid arthritis
- Boosts the immune system
A simple but very effective way to increase the intake of turmeric each day is the Turmeric Water! What is also really great about the Turmeric Water is that is very easy to make and it’s delicious too!
Recipe for the Turmeric Water:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- a small pinch of black pepper
Method of Preparation:
Put 1 tsp of turmeric powder into 1 cup of water and then add the small pinch of black pepper. After that, stir well and the drink is ready.
Consume it in the morning, after or before your meal, or at anytime you may feel that you need a little boost.
Caution: Turmeric may interact with other herbs and medications so it is best to consult with a doctor before you use it in higher doses.
Source > www.healthy-holistic-living.com