This soup is super delicious and has amazing healing properties which can help you with colds, ear infections, flu and other health conditions. It is made of garlic, thyme and red onion. All these ingredients have powerful antibacterial properties which can protect you from viruses, colds, flu and other illnesses which can weaken your immune system.
In addition, the leatest study from the University of Washington has found that garlic is 100 times more powerful than the most commoly prescribed conventional antibiotics.
- 6 cups (250 ml each) of clear chicken soup (as a base)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 50 cloves of garlic, cleaned and peeled
- 1 cup of fatty sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh herbs – parsley, thyme, bay leaves (you can use dried spices)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large, minced onions
- 3 cups old bread, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and cut off the the tops (1/3) heads of the garlic. Wrap the garlic together with with olive oil in aluminum foil. Bake it for 90 minutes and then allow it to cool off.
- Put two tablespoons of olive oil and butter in a pot over medium heat. Stew the onions for 10 minutes. Then, add the already baked onion to the stewed onions. Stir, add the chicken soup, the chopped thyme and add herbs (fresh or dried).
- Lower the heat, add the snippets from bread and allow it to stew for five minutes until the bread becomes soft.
- Take out the herbs and stir the soup in a hand mixer (blender is fine too) until you obtain creamy and homogenous mixture. Go back to the pot, add sour cream and salt for taste.