Ginger has anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer and antioxidant properties, and that is the reason for its medicinal usage for thousands of years. It is often recommended in detox diets and cleansing methods because it is regarded as one of the most efficient detoxifying herbs.
The high concentration of gingerol and shoga are causing its detoxifying properties, they also have anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic effects on the gastrointestinal system.
You can create the process osmosis with adding mineral base like Epsom salts in a bathwater. Osmosis will drag out toxins and salt from your body and will allow magnesium and sulfates to enter into the body.
Amazing Ginger Detox Bath
- 1 of Epsom salt
- ½ cup ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger, use a muslin tea bag or tea ball
- Several drops of ginger essential oil
- Fill the bath-tub with hot water
- Add Epsom salts, essential oils and ginger. You can use fresh grated ginger or ginger powder.
- Macerate for 15-20 minutes
Keep in mind that you should drink more water after the bath because you may continue to sweat for a few hours later.