If you don’t keep a tab on what you are eating, chances are that you may be taking foods which are unhealthy. They could be adversely affecting how your digestive system absorbs various nutrients.
It is crucial that you recognize the harm being done to your body and take preventative measures before it’s too late. There are many symptoms that can tell you the deficiency of vitamins and minerals in your body. Here are the most important ones.
1. Cracks along the Sides of the Lips
This could be caused due to the following reasons:
- Deficiency of vitamin B
- Stomach disorders with high acidity that harms the lips
- Deficiency of iron
- Some disorder with bite or teeth
- Infections due to funguses like candida and bacteria like staphylococcus and streptococcus
- If you talk more and have a damp mouth
- Unhealthy oral cavity due to poor hygiene
- Weaker immunity
If your lips are broken at the curb, there is a good chances that this may be caused due to deficiency of nutrients like vitamin B, iron, zinc, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin) and vitamin B12.
Natural Treatments for Broken Lips
Eat the following foods to help treat the breaks on the side of the lips:
- Cheese (low fat)
- Apricots (dry)
- Different types of seeds
- Foods rich in vitamin C & iron (kale and broccoli combined)
Sometimes the cracks in the lips could be caused due to allergies towards certain chemicals found in your cosmetics.
2. Excess Hair Loss or Red & Blistering Rashes on Face
If you notice red and blistering rashes on your face, they could be caused due to deficiency of biotin. These rashes usually appear on face or along the scalp. They can also cause extreme hair loss.
Eat the following foods to treat these red rashes:
- Goat’s milk
There are many reasons that could be causing the hair loss. It could be caused due to some medical condition or surgery and may appear only after a few months. It could also be due to increased levels of cortisol or other hormones related to stress.
Other causes of hair loss can include:
- Thyroid disorders
- Pregnancy (3 months after pregnancy)
- Taking birth control pills with hormones
- Medications used for treating conditions like gout, blood coagulation, hypertension, depression or heart problems
- Use of chemicals or hair oil for curly air (they can cause hair follicle swellings)
- Certain hairstyles (especially long ones and those that cause strain on hair roots)
- Hereditary factors (family history)
3. Red/white bumps on Body Similar to Acne
If you notice red/white bumps or rashes on your arms, cheeks or hips that look like acne, they may be caused due to hormonal reasons or because of deficiency of the following:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Fatty acids required by the body
Take the following foods to treat such bumps:
- Good fats
- Seeds and nuts like flax
- Green leafy veggies
- Peppers & carrots (vitamin A)
- Dairy foods
4. Numb Sensation in Feet, Hands & Body Parts
Do you notice numbness and shivering in your feet? It may be caused due to deficiency of vitamin Bs like B6, B9 and B12 or folic acid. These nutrients are essential for the nervous system and any deficiency could cause fatigue, anxiety or anemia.
Eat the following foods to treat this condition:
- Dairy foods
You may be taking some medication that causes side effects with reduced circulation or shivering. It may also appear in heavy smokers.
Source: Healthy Life Vision