Today adults between 20-30 years old, often are facing the problem of premature graying of hair, so that makes them older than they are. The problem can be found in genetic predisposition, stress, thyroid disorders, poor nutrition, hormonal fluctuations, and chronic colds. When there’s insufficient amounts of melanin, which is the pigment that gives the hair color, strands of hair turn grey of white. As the ages go by, this pigment is reducing, so our body stops its production.
Here are five home remedies for early graying of hair
- Curry Leaves
To increase the hair’s pigmentation, make an excellent hair tonic with mixture of curry leaves and coconut oil.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan, then add fresh curry leaves, and strain the mixture.
- Use this oil to massage the hair, and let it stay on your hair 30-45 minutes.
- You can repeat this treatment once or twice a week.
Even you can drink curry juice on a daily basis.
Henna will darken your hair, but also strengthen your lustrous locks.
- Get grinded henna leaves, 3 tbsp. of Indian gooseberry powder, 1tbsp. of coffee powder, a bit plain yogurt, and make a paste. Then rinse your hair. You can do this once in a 2 or 4 weeks.
- Boil some henna leaves in mustard oil, and apply it on your hair.
- Make a mix of henna powder with black coffee until the mixture gets yogurt-consistency, and you get a hair mask. When you apply the mask, cover it and let it stand for couple of hours. After that wash your hair with a shampoo.
- Lemon juice and coconut oil
One of the most beautiful preparation for your hair is coconut oil. It moisturizes your hair, stimulates the growth, fights against infections, and adds luster to it. Using it for a long period, its antioxidants will reverse your gray hair.
- Take coconut oil, and add 3tbsp. of lemon juice, enough for your hair’s length.
- With this mix massage your scalp. It should stand for an hour, and than wash your hair with shampoo.
- You can do this one a week.
- Sage and rosemary
With these herbs you can darken your hair grey.
- Take 2 cups of water in a pot, and half cup of each dried herbs. Then you have to boil it, and it should stand for a few hours, before you strain the mixture.
- Wash your hair after shampooing, and let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- You can do this once a week.
- Onion Juice
The best home remedy for premature graying, and thin hair is onion juice. It has been investigated about graying of the hair is caused by hydrogen peroxide accumulation located in hair follicles’ bases and a decrease in catalase, a natural antioxidant. This juice can supports catalase’s production.
- Take some onion juice and massage your scalp, the juice has to stay for 30 minutes.
- You can repeat this every day, for a couple of weeks.