Once the skin is damaged, a fibrous tissue which is widely known as scar tissue creates on the wound from a simple reason, to protect it and repair it. This is how the scar is formed.
Many reasons can contribute in creation of scar, like accidents, acne, insect bites, scratches, burns, piercings, surgical cuts, chickenpox and vaccinations.
Its form and size can be different and many times it has negative effect on the individual’s self-respect.
Our body can handle them and make them less visible as time goes by. There are some home remedies that can enhance the curing of scars. They concentrate on the support of efficient cell growth, reducing the scar tissue and forming a healthy skin. Keep in mind that you can’t find any remedy that can remove your scar fully. The scar removal remedies can only help you to make the scar less visible. You will need to clean the area around the scar well enough before using any home remedy.
If the scar is larger it may take some time before you have any good results, so that’s why you should be patient when using these remedies. You should know that not every remedy will be effective for everyone.
Now you will read about 10 most powerful home remedies for scar removal:
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics. It acts as a natural emollient in order to assist in mending harmed skin and stimulate growth of healthy skin while making your skin tissue better than ever. Here is how you should use it:
- Strip off the external green cover of the Aloe Vera leaf and take out the gel-like substance.
- Smear the gel on your scar tissue and massage it with rounded motions.
- Leave it to work for half an hour and then rinse it off.
- Use this Aloe Vera gel twice in a day.
Note: You mustn’t use the Aloe Vera gel on open wounds.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is considered as one of the most beneficial natural ingredients. It is also very useful for treating scars. It includes vitamin E, an antioxidant, which speeds up the curing time and disables the creation of new scars. In addition, the lauric, caprylic and capric acids included in coconut oil trigger the collagen generation, alienate free-radical damage and stimulate mending of the harmed skin. Instructions:
- Apply some extra-virgin olive oil on a heat until it becomes liquid.
- Then use the warm oil for massaging your scar for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave it to stay on your skin, because it should penetrate in the skin.
- Iterate this process 2-4 times daily in order to have maximum results.
3. Vitamin E Oil
This oil is an incredible antioxidant that is very useful for fading scars. It has moisturizing effect that keeps the skin hydrated, heals harmed tissue and makes the appearance of the scar better. Directions:
- Open some vitamin E capsules and take the oil out.
- Apply the oil on your scar and give it a smooth massage for 10 minutes.
- Leave it to stay for 15 -20 minutes and tehn rinse it off using a warm water.
- Iterate this process few times daily.
Note: This oil can cause an allergic reaction, so you should make a test on a small patch of the skin before using it.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is recognized as one of the best natural scar removal remedies. It includes vitamin E and maintains your skin gentle and moisturized which on the other hand stimulates the curing of harmed skin. In order to have the best possible results you should use extra-virgin olive oil. Directions:
- Warm up the extra-virgin olive oil a bit and then smear it on the scar by massaging it in small rounded motions. Leave it to stay for half an hour and then clean the scar with a towel or some cloth. If you like you can leave it to stay during the night.
- You can mix it with a little bit lavender oil. Smear the mixture on the scar and massage it easy for several minutes. Leave it to work for half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Iterate one of these remedies few times in a day until you have results.
Lemon includes the alpha hydroxyl acids that have healing characteristics which are capable to treat all kinds of scars. Lemon is useful for eliminating dead skin cells, make the skin more flexible and stimulate the growth of new skin cells. The vitamin C included in lemon can assist in regeneration and healing harmed skin. The lemons are helpful for fading the scars because of their bleaching characteristics. Directions:
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon and smear it on the scar. In case you have sensitive skin, you can rarefy it with even amount of rose water or vitamin E oil.
- Leave it to work for 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Do this once in a day until you have results.
Note: You shouldn’t expose your skin on the sun while having lemon juice on it. The lemon is making your skin photosensitive. If you must go you should protect your skin with sunscreen.
Honey is very effective moisturizer, which makes it very useful in treating scars. Thanks to its characteristics, the honey disables the storage of dead skin cells and promotes skin tissue creation. Instructions:
- Smear honey on your scar and envelop it with a bandage in order to stay on place through the night. Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning. Do this process every day before sleeping.
- You can use it as a scrub by mixing it with the same amount of crystallized sugar. Smear it on the affected place and massage it gently for several minutes. Wash it off with warm water, dry the area and then apply a moisturizer. Repeat this process once or twice in a week.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is effective remedy for various kinds of scars. Thanks to its acidic properties, apple cider vinegar will assist you in exfoliating and eliminating the dead skin cells. This will stimulate the creation of healthy skin cells and decrease the appearance of scars. It also balances the pH level of the skin, which is crucial for healthy skin texture. Directions:
- Combine same amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water. Macerate a cotton ball in the mixture and put it on your scar. Leave it to work for 5 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this process once in a day.
- You can also make a composite if you mix 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of honey. Smear this mixture on your scar and leave it for half an hour. Rinse it off with warm water. Do this process once in a day.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is widely used as skin moisturizer, but many people don’t know that it can heal scars too. The cocoa butter gets inside the skin and maintains the affected area moisturized for longer period of time. Cocoa butter stimulates the creation of new skin tissues in place of harmed ones. The vitamin E included in it will help in repairing the skin. Instructions:
- Apply one full spoon of cocoa butter on your scar and massage it easy with strong, rounded motions.
- Leave to work through the night and rinse it off in the morning.
- Iterate this process every day until your scar is less visible.
9.Tea Tree Oil
This oil is very helpful for treating different skin conditions, including scars and blemishes, because of its anti- inflammatory and skin healing characteristics. Directions:
- Rarefy the tea tree oil by mixing 4 drops of the oil with 2 tablespoons of water. Use this mixture to rinse the scar 2-3 times in a day.
- You can also mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of almond oil. Put it on the scar and leave it to work for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Iterate this process once in a day.
Note: You should never use this oil undiluted. Always make a patch test before using any essential oil for the first time in your life.
Sandalwood is often use in Ayurvedic medicine because of its skin-regenerating and calming properties which can decrease the appearance of all types of scars. Dircetions:
- Combine even amounts of sandalwood oil and some other carrier oil by your choice. Put the resulting mixture on the affected area using a cotton ball. Leave it to stay for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Iterate this process twice a day.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder with rose water or milk in order to get a paste. Smear the paste on the affected place and massage it gently. Allow it to work for 1 hour and then rinse it off with cold water. Iterate this once in a day.
- With the help of the green tea you can diminish the size of the scar. Leave the tea to cool down and then apply it on the scar with cotton and massage it easily. You should do this process regularly if you like to have results.
- Crumple one or two aspirins and combine them with little bit of water in order to get a paste. Smear this paste on your scar twice a day.
- It is believed that the white toothpaste can assist in fading the scars.
- By exposing your scar on the sun, you will only slow down the healing process and make them darker and more visible.
- Apply massage on the affected place regularly in order to break down the fibrous tissue that causes the formation of scars.
- With a regular exfoliation you will eliminate the old layers of skin and stimulate the creation of new skin and diminish the appearance of scars.
- If you like to hide your scar you can use color corrector (concealer). You will only need to find the one that matches your skin tone.
- Consume foods loaded with vitamins C and E in order to enhance and accelerate the healing process.
- Consume fish oil supplements often because they will help you to heal your scars. Advise your doctor before starting any supplement regime.