While I am preparing my next big post, I decided to do a short one on ginger and honey mix.
I got a cold last week and I decided to deal with it by using some homemade products. Some time ago I read an article about health benefits of honey and ginger mix, and I decided it’s a perfect time to try out it’s effectiveness.
The recipe is very, very simple but the effects, as I can personally testify, are nothing but amazing.
Ginger is well known old remedy, a root like plant from Lilac family, used originally in China from where it spread throughout the world.
It is used heavily in Ayurvedic and oriental medicine.
There are so many health benefits that it’s hard to list all of them, so here are just a few:
– good for fighting stomach ulcers and intestine problems, used to cure gastritis, ulcer and other digestion issues
– it is used as pain killer, digestive and antioxidant
– builds up immune system
– helps prevent period pains, diabetes, dermatitis, migraines, arthritis, skin diseases, bad circulation, flu, rheumatic pain and certain types of cancer
It doesn’t have any heavy side effects but it should be used in moderation to maintain the balance of elements in the body.
Honey is as potent as ginger and is good for:
– reducing the risk of heart diseases
– helps prevent tumors and cancer
– stomach and intestines problems, used against gastritis and stomach ulcers
– helping with reducing weight
– infections and other body inflammations because it has great antiseptic properties
– soothing cough and irritated and inflamed throat
– boosting the immune system
As you can see, this truly is a health bomb!
The recipe is, as I said, quite simple:
1. 250 ml honey
2. 100 gr fresh ginger (1 big root – or even more if you like it stronger)
Mix finely grated ginger with honey and store in a cool and dry place.
Keep it in glass jars and handle it with wooden or porcelain spoons (I have to admit I use normal metal spoons).
Since honey is a very good preservative you should be able to keep it for a few weeks if not more.
You can use any kind of honey, there are lighter and heavier ones, choose the one you think has the best taste or specific health benefits.
Take one teaspoon 2 or 3 times a day, first one should be in the morning on an empty stomach if possible.
When I had my flue I’ve been taking it more often that that, more like every 2 hours, but it cured me in 2 days.
It would clean my sinuses and throat almost momentarily!
After I’ve witnessed it’s powerful effect and read up on how healthy this mix is, both Ofer and I take it every day.