The Lemon Diet (aka “the master cleanse”) is a cleansing diet that is resulting in enormous weight loss during a detox period of roughly 1 week.
Lemons are high in both vitamins and antioxidants, which helps the body detox. That being said, it’s vital that you start introducing citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, kiwi, grapefruit and oranges into your daily diet.
The lemon detox was first made popular by Beyonce Knowles when she stated on Oprah that she went on a lemon detox diet that included maple syrup and cayenne pepper for roughly 15 days. She lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Naomi Campbell is said to do the Lemonade Detox 3 times a year to keep her figure. Reportedly Jared Leto lost 62 pounds as well.
Despite its recent popularity, the lemonade detox diet has actually been around for over 50 years. The diet works by cleansing the body of toxic materials, resulting in accelerated weight loss. The reason you lose weight so quickly is the severe caloric intake restriction over a short time frame. This dramatic calorie cut can result in a large drop in weight over a small period of time (a few weeks).
Many people who go on the Master Cleanse are looking to lose a considerable amount of weight in a short time frame, such as going to a party or event. The diet can help you look your absolute best in just a few weeks.
- Start the day with a glass of cool lemonade in order to activate the metabolism and detoxify the body.
- After half an hour, take 2 apples or 2 orange or 1 big grapefruit.
- In addition to the fruit, take a handful of nuts, almonds or hazelnuts which are great source of antioxidants.
How to make Lemon Diet Lemonade
- 1-1½ Lemons – squeezed (2tbsp of lemon juice)
- 300ml filtered water
- 2 tsp Quality organic maple syrup (or cinnamon stick if preferred)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper.
To make your lemonade, mix 2tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice, 300ml filtered water and either 2 tsp quality (Grade B) organic maple syrup or a stick of cinnamon and a pinch of Cayenne pepper.
You can also drink herbal or fruit tea and home-made vegetable soup.
- Prepare meat, chicken or veal with yoghurt.
- Make yourself a fresh salad with olive oil and little salt.
- Try to eat dinner before 6 p.m. Make yourself hard boiled eggs with salad of cucumber or lettuce with olive oil and little salt.
- Drink 1l of green tea (4 bags of green tea in 1 l of water) before going to bed.
Follow this diet for a week or 10 days depending on how much weight you want to lose. It’s guaranteed that you are going to lose 10 pounds in a week.