Frozen should is a condition in characterized by pain and stiffness in the shoulder which limits the range of movements. It can be caused due to several factors, including autoimmune disease, shoulder injury or dehydration. Particular risk group of people who are prone to frozen shoulder are diabetics, people with heart disease or those who experienced stroke. Generally, it affects people at the age between 40 and 60.
There are 3 Stages of Frozen Shoulder:
- Painful stage- a severe pain in the shoulder
- Frozen stage- inability to move the shoulder
- Thawing stage- the latest stage of this condition
Here are some natural remedies which can help you treat Frozen Shoulder:
- Doing stretching exercises
- Quick remedy- Heat packs. Put the heat pack on the painful area and let it act for 15 minutes. Repeat the procedure 3-6 times a day.
- Dip black sesame seeds in water and let it stay overnight. Consume the mixture the next morning.
- Prepare your own pain relieving oil. Put some crushed garlic cloves and mustard oil in a pan. As soon as the garlic turns brown, remove the pan from the stove and allow the oil to cool down. Massage your shoulder with the oil.
- Stretch your arms in order to improve your shoulder`s movability. Yoga is an excellent alternative.
- Consume fresh, healthy and unprocessed food. Eat more soups, herbs, spices and vegetables in order to relieve the inflammatory process. Avoid consuming food that is high in fat and sodium.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods. This kind of food can only worsen the condition.
- Include healthy oils in your diet, in order to lubricate the shoulder joints.
- Drink a lot of water. Lack of liquids or dehydration can also be the cause of frozen shoulder.