This amazingly powerful seed is one of the most effective traditional remedies in the world. It is able to kill MRSA, cures the chemical weapon poisoned organism, promotes regeneration of the dying beta cells in the pancreas of diabetics, but most of the people aren’t even aware of its existence.
We are talking about the annual flowering plant Nigella Sativa which has been acknowledged for its strong healing abilities. You may find it under the names like Roman coriander, black sesame, black cumin, black caraway and onion seed, but its most popular name is black seed, which is the most accurate description based on its physical appearance.
There are proofs that the ancient Egyptians have cultivated this plant because the archeologists found black seed oil in the tomb of Tutankhamun, Egyptian Pharaoh. He lived around 3.300 years ago. The Arabic civilizations called black cumin as Habbatul Barakah, which means “the seed of blessing”. The Islamic prophet Mohammed said that it is a “remedy for all ailments, except death.”
The health benefits of black cumin are confirmed in numerous scientific studies. There are around 458 studies published since 1964.
These 22 pharmacological actions are just a subset of a greater amount of beneficial characteristics of the black seed. While it is amazing that this seed is capable to positively modulate so many various biological pathways, in fact this is an usual appearance between traditional plant remedies.
During our project, we found over 1600 natural substances with various health benefits, and we only spent 5 years of casual indexing. There are tens of thousands of other compounds that have been studied, with hundreds of thousands studies confirming their medicinal value.
For example, during a research was proven that turmeric can heal over 600 health conditions, while having over 170 potentially beneficial pharmacological actions. If you are interested you can visit our Turmeric Research page in which you can see a video for turmeric.
Black seed has been studied for very specific health conditions, including:
- Type II Diabetes: Only 2 grams of black seed daily will lower the fasting glucose, reduce the insulin resistance, raise the beta-cell function and decrease glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) in humans.
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection: black seeds have strong anti-H. Pylori properties, which can be even better than the triple eradication therapy.
- Epilepsy: Black seeds have strong anticonvulsive characteristics. A study made in 2007 included epileptic kids whose condition was defiant to conventional medicinal treatment, discovered that water extract decreases the seizure activity significantly.
- Hypertension: 100-200mg per day of black seed extract, twice a day for 2 months will reduce the blood pressure in people who suffer from mild hypertension.
- Asthma: Black cumin includes thymoquinone which is one of the main active constituents with better effects than the drug known as fluticasone in an animal model of asthma. A study conducted on humans proved that boiled water extracts of black seeds have strong anti-asthmatic impacts on airways affected by asthma.
- Acute tonsillopharyngitis: manifested with tonsil or pharyngeal inflammation, usually of viral origin, black seeds (combined with Phyllanthus niruri) are able to ease throat pain and lower the need of pain-killers in humans.
- Chemical Weapons Injury: a study conducted on chemical weapons injured patients discovered that boiled water extracts of black seed diminishes the respiratory symptoms, chest wheezing and pulmonary function test values, including reducing the necessity of drug treatments.
- Colon Cancer: cell studies have confirmed that black seed extract has the same or even better effects as chemoagent 5-fluoruracil in the fight against colon cancer development. Animal research has proven that the black seed oil disables the colon cancer growth in mice, without side effects.
- MRSA: Black seed has anti-bacterial properties and is useful against clinical isolates of methicilin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Opiate Addiction/Withdrawal: a study that involved 35 opiate addicts discovered that black seed is very effective in solving this issue in long-term.
Often the biblical phrase ‘faith the size of a mustard seed moving mountains’ is pretty much true about natural ingredients like black seeds. The seed is super-saturated and it is considered as one of the ingredients that contain the fragment of life and. It is also considered as emblem of life’s strong and immortal power.
If we recognize the capabilities of this seed and how much life is contained in it, we will be able to fight against the antibiotic resistant bacteria, cure the people affected by chemical weapons poisoning or trigger the regeneration process of dying insulin-producing beta cells in diabetics.
The researches have shown that the seeds are better in treating diseases than the chemicals. There is one big difference between these two, the nature made the seeds, and people who like to earn money with a deranged understanding of the nature of the body made the synthetic chemicals.
Now is the time for us to face towards the food, herbs, plants, seeds, sunlight, air, clean water and of course, love. Today we are witnesses of the conventional medicine’s corruption and ineffectiveness in treating particular diseases. This is why people should start using natural remedies like black seeds for treating various health conditions.