Today we bring you list of top 10 healthy snacks for your workplace.
If you among the nearly 70% of Americans who are overweight you are probably struggling with how to drop the pounds. Today, we are overwhelmed with fad diets and magic pills that promise to simply melt away the fat without having to lift a finger. Contrary to what we would like to believe, losing weight takes patience and hard work. A smart combination of diet and exercise can work wonders for someone trying to lose weight, but where should you start?
It is unreasonable to think you can change your lifestyle overnight. Making small changes will ensure that you are able to stick with your new diet and exercise plan without becoming overwhelmed and increasing your chances of going back to old habits. Try to make one simple change per week until you have completely adapted to your new healthy way of life. One simple thing you can change today is what you are eating for snacks.
Many people believe that snacking should be avoided at all costs. However, snacks can provide the energy to stay alert at work, keep your metabolism revved up, and prevent you from becoming overly hungry, which can often lead to overeating at your next meal.
It is a good idea to keep snacks handy and ready to eat so you are not faced with the temptation of fast food or vending machines during your busy day.
Below is a list of great top 10 healthy snacks that you can incorporate into your diet. Hopefully at your next visit to the grocery store you can buy a few of these items and keep them handy at home or your desk at work for the next time hunger strikes. Being prepared and planning ahead is the best way to stick to your diet and reach your weight loss goals.
1. Low Fat String Cheese – This food provides protein and can satisfy a craving for something savory. Best of all, it is fun to eat! Best reason for first place of our top 10 healthy snacks.
2. Raw Unsalted Almonds – Another power food, almonds provide essential fats and protein and can give you the energy boost you need in the afternoon.
3. Fresh Banana – Bananas contain potassium, a nutrient that provides energy and helps to repair muscles. Bananas can satisfy a craving for something sweet.
4. Baby Carrots – Carrots are a great source of vitamin C and can satisfy the urge to snack without adding a lot of calories to your diet. It is very convenient to keep a bag of pre-washed baby carrots in your refrigerator when the urge to snack strikes. Try eating your carrots with a healthy dip such as hummus.
5. Low Fat Yogurt – Yogurt contains many vitamins and nutrients and is also great for the digestive system. It is low in calories and fat, but high in flavor and provides energy. There are many flavor varieties of yogurt available today, you are sure to find something that you like!
6. Low Fat Cottage Cheese – Many people do not enjoy the taste or texture, but it is worth trying this low calorie/high protein snack. Try pairing it with fresh berries.
7. Dried Fruit – Dried fruit contains the same great vitamins and nutrients as fresh fruit, with the added benefit of lasting longer and not having to be washed, peeled, or cut before eating. Make sure to buy dried fruits that do not have any added sugars, as this will outweigh the benefits of this great snack.
8. Turkey – Sliced turkey fresh from your grocer’s deli section is a wonderful protein-filled snack that will provide loads of energy. It is inexpensive and does not take any preparation. If you wish, you can add flavor by dipping in mustard.
9. Dark Chocolate – Yes, chocolate! A few squares of dark chocolate in the afternoon can give you the energy boost you need to make it through the day. Dark chocolate provides many health benefits and is chock full of antioxidants. And who doesn’t like chocolate?
10. Popcorn – 1 cup of air-popped popcorn is a mere 30 calories and can satisfy your urge to snack. Be careful to not outweigh the benefits by adding butter and salt!