Until recently turmeric was used only as spice in meals. After several studies, it was proven that turmeric might help with various inflammations, diseases, bacteria, fungi, parasites and even cancer. Here is a list of the best benefits from turmeric:
Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- Lowers the risk of brain diseases due to its ability to boost the brain – derived neurotrophic factor.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- It is used for prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties helps with arthritis.
- It is great medicine against depression.
- It has anti – aging properties and fights age related chronic diseases.
Although it is very beneficial it is very hard for our body to absorb it. This is why it is very important to find the right way to introduce turmeric in your diet and feel the benefits.
According to a study published in the International Journal of Food Science and Technology the best is to consume fermented turmeric because in that way it is the best absorbed in our bodies.
Here is the best recipe for fermented turmeric that will improve your overall wellbeing.
– 1 cup unpeeled sliced turmeric
– ¾ cup raw honey
– 2 organic lemons or limes (you can also use both lemon and lime)
– 6 cups water
Process of preparation:
Take a large pot and put the water and turmeric in it. Boil t for 20 min and simmer for 15 – 20 more min. Leave it aside to cool down and then add the other ingredients. Mix well and put the mixture in large mason jar.
Cover the jar and store it on dark and hot place for 3 day. If you are doing this through the winter keep the jar for 4 – 5 days due to cold weather.
Stir the jar from time to time and after 3 days strain the liquid in glass bottles and leave it to carbonate for 3 more days. Now store it in the fridge and leave it for a week before it starts fermenting.
Before consuming stir the bottle well and your drink is ready!