Slimming and toning inner thigh area can be really tough. However, there are series of exercises that targets each of the major muscle groups of the thighs. Below are 6 simple exercises to lose inner thigh fat.
1. PLIE SQUATS
Plie squats, tighten the inner and outer thigh as well as the quadriceps.
- Begin with your feet apart, more than shoulder-width wide. Turn your toes out to the side about 45 degrees.
- Keeping your back straight, sit your hips down and bend your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for a moment and return to the starting position.
2. BRIDGE WITH SQUEEZE
The bridge with squeeze exercise is really great for targeting the glutes as well as inner thigh.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, arms relaxed on the ground by your sides, looking straight ahead.
- Place a folded hand towel between your knees.
- Squeeze your knees together into the towel to really activate your inner thighs, and lift hips off the floor, as high as you can, towards the ceiling.
- Hold for two counts, then lower down. That’s one rep. Repeat this movement 15 times.
3. SIDE LUNGE
- Stand straight with your feet hip width apart.
- Step out to the side and transfer your weight to that leg. The movement will force you to bend at waist and push the backside out, so be sure to keep a straight spine.
- Use your lead foot to push you back to the starting position.
- Do 15 reps on each side.
4. INNER-THIGH LEG LIFTS
- Lay on your left side and place your left foot on the floor in front of your right thigh as shown in the image.
- As you exhale, lift your bottom leg up, and inhale as you lower it down without letting it touch the floor. Your torso should stay still while you do this. This counts as one rep.
- Do 10 reps. and repeat on the other side.
5. SIDE LEG RAISE
- Lie on your left side, rest your head on your left arm, and place your right hand on the floor in front of your chest.
- Your legs should be straight with your right leg on top of your left leg.
- Without moving any other part of your body, slowly raise your right leg as high as you can. Pause, then return to the starting position.
- Do 10-15 reps. and repeat on the other side.
6. ALTERNATING SWITCH LUNGE
- Step your right foot out approximately three feet in front of your body. Make sure your foot is facing forward.
- Look down at your right leg. Ideally, your knee should be bent at a right angle with your thigh parallel to the ground.
- As you exhale, push off the ground with your right foot, coming back to the starting position.
- Now, perform the same move, but this time step out with your left foot.
- Repeat this exercise ten times on each leg.